Politics
Wike Didn’t Order Removal Of PDP Flags From Rivers’ Govt House – Source Reveals
Report that Governor Nyesom Wike has ordered the removal of the flags of the Peoples Democratic Party from the Government in Port Harcourt appears to be false, findings by DAILY POST have shown.
There were rumours on social media earlier on Thursday that Governor Wike had ordered his Chief Security Officer to remove all the PDP flags from the Government House.
However, findings by DAILY POST have shown that no flag has been pulled down from the Brick House located at Old GRA in Port Harcourt.
A reliable source from the Government House also confirmed to DAILY POST that the report is untrue.
ALSO READ: Peter Obi: Oil Subsidy Must End
The source, who pleaded to remain anonymous because he is not authorized to speak on the matter, said all the flags bearing the PDP have remained untouched within the Government House.
“There is nothing like that,” the source said.
There have been speculations that Governor Wike may be planning to dump the PDP over his running battle with the presidential candidate of the party, Atiku Abubakar.
Wike lost the presidential ticket to Atiku and was sidelined in the choice of the running mate to the candidate.
-
Education9 hours agoPeretomode, Muoboghare Head Governing Councils As Oborevwori Announces Appointments For Three Delta Universities
-
Feature12 hours agoAtiku Abubakar And The 2027 Question: Is He The President Nigeria Needs?
-
News7 hours agoOborevwori To Inaugurate Perm Secretaries’ Quarters Thursday
-
News10 hours ago2027: Ogboru Calls For ADC Reconciliation, Unity As Legacy Members Return To Fold
-
News4 hours agoBen Murray-Bruce To Tinubu: Nigeria Needs More ‘Mad Men’ In Government
