Sports
FIFA: Sepp Blatter Calls For Suspension Of Gianni Infantino

Former FIFA president, Sepp Blatter has called for his successor, Gianni Infantino, to be suspended by the global football governing body after criminal proceedings were opened against him in Switzerland.
The Swiss authorities said on Thursday (July 30) that proceedings had been launched against the current FIFA boss by a special prosecutor looking into meetings he had with then Swiss Attorney-General Michael Lauber. Lauber, who resigned last week, and Infantino have both denied wrongdoing.
ALSO READ: DTHA Members Embark On Six Weeks Recess
“For me, the situation is clear, that the FIFA ethics committee has to open a case against Infantino and so it has to suspend him,” Blatter said in a statement to Reuters.
Blatter himself was suspended and later banned by Fifa’s ethics committee after he became the subject of criminal proceedings in Switzerland in 2015. The investigation is still ongoing and the 84-year-old, who has denied wrongdoing, has not been charged.
-
Opinion19 hours ago
Delta In Crisis: Corruption, Extortion, And Insecurity Threaten MORE Agenda
-
News19 hours ago
INEC Presents Wards, Polling Units Delineation Report To Delta Ethnic Groups
-
Education19 hours ago
Akiri In As Functioning PS, Ministries Of Primary And Secondary Education In Delta, As Oghoro Bows Out
-
Opinion8 hours ago
Tinubu-Oborevwori Political Romance: Why Basil Okoh Is Pained, Frustrated
-
News20 hours ago
Birthday: Chief Onoriode Congratulates Ovie Of Umiaghwa-Abraka Kingdom