Amid threats of sanction from the Federal Government over its investigative report on the shootings at Lekki toll plaza during the #EndSARS protests, CNN has released a second report on the incident.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, had last week described CNN’s report on the Lekki shootings as poor journalism, adding that the network deserved to be sanctioned.
Mohammed also followed up the threat with a letter addressed to the management of CNN in Atlanta.
However, the network on Tuesday did a second report with more damning footage showing soldiers shooting at unarmed protesters on October 20, 2020.
The fresh report also shows the Commander, 81 Division, Brig.Gen Ahmed Taiwo, admitting before the judicial panel in Lagos that his men indeed took live ammunition to the tollgate.
The CNN report also highlights the fact that Brig.Gen Taiwo’s claim is at variance with the minister’s who had claimed last week that the army fired blank bullets.
The fresh report also shows protesters running as soldiers open fire at the tollgate.
The National Broadcasting Commission, which is overseen by the information minister, had last month slammed hefty fines on three Nigerian television stations for daring to use some of the footage which CNN has also used.
The Federal Government has been receiving flak from members of the United Kingdom Parliament and Amnesty International over the killing of protesters.
Fulani Quit Notice: Gov. Makinde Orders Arrest Of Sunday Igboho, Others
Again, Supreme Court Halts Abacha Family’s Bid To Unfreeze Foreign Accounts
Seplat Debunks Media Report On Alleged Quota System For Providing Employment
FRSC To Introduce Digital Driver’s Licence To Tackle Theft
Gas Plant Goes Up In Flames At Agbor
Nigerian University Workers To Begin Indefinite Strike Feb 15
Obiano Has Taken Anambra 20 Years Backward, Says Ngige
Delta Schools To Begin Second Term January 11
Plaza Dedication: Ogboru Names Building After Late Mother
CSP Erhabor Who Rejected N864M Bribe Resigns From Police After 30 Years Of Service…See Reason
Abraka: Suspected Yahoo Boy Caught Trying To Dispose Corpse Of Girlfriend After Allegedly Killing Her
COVID-19: DTSG Orders Night Clubs To Shut Down From Dec 25, Releases New Guidelines For Churches, Others
We’ll Soon Start War In Edo —Herdsmen
Abraka: Missing 12-Year-Old Girl Found Five Days After She Was Dumped In Soakaway
Education17 hours ago
JUST IN: Kidnappers Abduct DELSU SSANU Chairman, Izu
World News18 hours ago
JUST IN: Republican Congresswoman Files Articles Of Impeachment On Biden
Education16 hours ago
Education Minister Says New Retirement Age For Teachers Takes Effect Jan 1
Education19 hours ago
Buhari Approves New Polytechnics For Borno, Benue
Community News6 hours ago
Retired Brigadier-General Installed Otota Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom