**Uncovers Names Of 925 Persons Who Never Applied
After months of scuffles between the Police Service Commission and the Force headquarters over who should be in charge of recruitment of 10,000 policemen ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari, the Police Commission has finally accepted and cleared the recruits into the force.
The Commission on Tuesday disclosed that it had a change of mind on the issue in the overall interest of the nation and considered that resources had been expended in the training of the candidates.
Speaking further, the commission said that since the candidates had been exposed to weapon and weaponry, it decided to re-screen them.
A statement by Ikechukwu Ani, Head of Press and Public Relations said: “These candidates already rescreened, except those found to be criminally minded (with mutilated certificates) are expected to be absorbed into the Force.
“The Commission is expected to approve their recruitment at its next Plenary Meeting holding next week after which they will receive letters of appointment and subsequently captured by IPPIS.
He continued, “It is also necessary to clarify that in the cause of screening of the list of the 10,000 successful candidates, the Commission discovered that 925 persons never applied for recruitment and did not go through the stages and processes of recruitment. These included screening, aptitude test and medical examinations.
While clarifying that the Police Service Commission is not withholding the payment of any Police Constable properly recruited in 2019.
The Commission has since screened the list of the supposedly successful candidates sent to it by the Office of the Inspector General of Police.
“The Commission has also released appointment letters to the candidates and approved their capturing into the Integrated Pay – Roll and personnel Information System, (IPPIS) for the payment of their salaries and allowances.
“The Commission wishes to clarify that it had to bend backwards to accommodate the list of these candidates even after the Court of Appeal gave judgment in favour of the Commission nullifying the hijack of the recruitment exercise by the Nigeria Police Force.
“The Appeal Court judgment which is still subsisting had declared the exercise null and void and returned the Constitutional Powers of the Commission to recruit all persons into the Nigeria Police Force.”
Market Fire: Wike Donates N500M To Sokoto State
2021 Council Elections: Delta NUJ To Grill Chairmanship Candidates
Young DELSU Graduate Breaks Two Decades Academic Records, Bags First Class, Recounts Experience
BREAKING: FEC Approves 65 Years As New Retirement Age For Teachers
Chinese Billionaire, Jack Ma Makes First Public Appearance Since October
On The Quit Order Issued To Killer Herdsmen… -Barrister Jiti Ogunye Writes
ONDO FORESTS: Fulani Presidency Again!
BREAKING: Olu Of Warri Is Dead
Delta Schools To Begin Second Term January 11
CSP Erhabor Who Rejected N864M Bribe Resigns From Police After 30 Years Of Service…See Reason
Abraka: Suspected Yahoo Boy Caught Trying To Dispose Corpse Of Girlfriend After Allegedly Killing Her
Plaza Dedication: Ogboru Names Building After Late Mother
COVID-19: DTSG Orders Night Clubs To Shut Down From Dec 25, Releases New Guidelines For Churches, Others
We’ll Soon Start War In Edo —Herdsmen
Education23 hours ago
BREAKING: OAU Announces Date For Resumption, Cancels 2020/2021 Session
Politics11 hours ago
Fresh Crisis Rocks Delta APC
News11 hours ago
Herders: Ondo Govt. Says Order To Vacate Forests Stands, Tackles Presidency
World News8 hours ago
Read Full Text Of President Donald Trump’s Farewell Speech
News11 hours ago
Crisis Brews As BEDC Drags NERC, ADL To Court