President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked the Ministers of Power and Agric, Peoples Gazette has learnt.
The president relieved Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono of their cabinet positions on Wednesday.
The Minister of Environment has been named as the Agric Minister; while the Minister of State for Works and Housing has been asked to act as substantive power minister.
The development came at today’s federal executive council meeting.
In a statement to cabinet members during the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday 1st September, President Buhari announced that Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, and Engr. Sale Mamman, Minister of Power were leaving the cabinet.
In the same vein, Dr. Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, Minister of Environment, was redeployed to assume office as the Minister of Agriculture & Rural Development, while Engr. Abubakar D. Aliyu, Minister of State, Works & Housing will now be the Minister of Power.
The President said the changes were sequel to the “tradition of subjecting our projects and programs implementation to independent and critical self-review” through sector reporting during Cabinet meetings and at retreats.
He added that “these significant review steps have helped to identify and strengthen weak areas, close gaps, build cohesion and synergy in governance, manage the economy and improve the delivery of public good to Nigerians.”
Full statement of President Muhammadu Buhari:
On Wednesday 21st August, 2019 the current Federal Executive Council was sworn-in after a rigorous retreat to bring returning and new members up to speed on the accomplishments, challenges and lessons drawn from my first term in Office and to emphasise the 9 priority areas of government for the second term.
2. Two years and some months into the second term, the tradition of subjecting our projects and programs implementation to independent and critical self-review has taken firm roots through sector Reporting during Cabinet meetings and at Retreats.
3. These significant review steps have helped to identify and strengthen weak areas, close gaps, build cohesion and synergy in governance, manage the economy and improve the delivery of public good to Nigerians.
4. I must commend this cabinet for demonstrating unparalleled resilience that helped the government to navigate the disruption to global systems and governance occasioned by the emergence of COVID-19 shortly after inauguration. The weekly Federal Executive Council meetings was not spared because the traditional mode was altered.
5. As we are all aware, change is the only factor that is constant in every human endeavour and as this administration approaches its critical phase in the second term, I have found it essential to reinvigorate this cabinet in a manner that will deepen its capacity to consolidate legacy achievements.
6. Accordingly, a few cabinet changes, marking the beginning of a continuous process, have been approved. They are as follows:
Ministers Leaving the Cabinet:
I. Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, and
II. Engr. Sale Mamman, Minister of Power.
I. Dr. Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, Minister of Environment, to assume office as the Minister of Agriculture & Rural Development;
II. Engr. Abubakar D. Aliyu, Minister of State, Works & Housing assume office as the Minister of Power.
7. In due course, substantive nominations will be made to fill the consequential vacancies in accordance with the requirements of the constitution.
8. I have personally met with the departing members to thank them for their contributions to discussions in cabinet and the invaluable services rendered to the nation. Today, effectively marks their last participation in the Federal Executive Council deliberations and I wish them the best in all future endeavours.
9. Finally, I wish to reiterate once more, that this process shall be continuous.
10. I thank you all and May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
President Buhari Pledges To Use Football For National Development,, Unity
Leave Allocation Formula, Focus On Improving IGR, RMAFC Boss Berates Govs
Warri, UPU At 90 And Political Interpretations To A Name
JUST IN: Fani-Kayode Defects To APC
Okowa Will Bequeath A Better Delta — Onwuka
2023: Eze Commends Jonathan For “Rejecting The Bite Of The Northern Presidency Sour Bait”
Police Nab Killers Of Sen Na-Allah’s Son, Ring Leader Of Bethel, Greenfield Abduction
BREAKING: South Korean Christian Minister, Pastor Paul Yonggi Cho Is Dead
UPDATED: DELSU Thrown Into Mourning, As Professor Akpotor Dies
BREAKING: Founder Of Ufor Hospital In Ughelli, Obakponovwe, Is Dead
Coronation Thanksgiving: Obasanjo Prays Not To See Fourth Olu Of Warri After Seeing Three
BREAKING: Veteran Musician, Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead
BREAKING: Delta CP Deploys 1000 Police Personnel For Olu Of Warri Coronation, Warns Mischief Makers To Steer Clear
Amb Agberen To Olu Of Warri: Don’t Be Distracted By Frivolities, Focus On The Protection, Promotion Of Historical Culture of Iwere Land
Politics24 hours ago
PDP Appoints Raymond Dokpesi, Esther Uduehi, Three Others As Board Of Trustees
News16 hours ago
BREAKING: EFCC Chairman Slumps During Speech At Aso Rock
News14 hours ago
EFCC Issues Statement On Bawa’s Collapse, Says He’s “Hale And Hearty”
News19 hours ago
Ugboba Community To Receive OMIWA FOUNDATION, Anioma Medical Professionals Forum On 2-Day Medical Mission
News23 hours ago
Ex-Rivers Gov, Odili Sues Immigration Over Seizure Of Passport