News
We Are Yet To Receive 29 Million Barrels Of Crude NUPRC Allocated To Us –Dangote
By Daniel Dafe
Dangote Group has reacted to NUPRC’s claim of facilitating the allocation of 29 million barrels of crude oil to Dangote Group Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals.
This was contained in a statement on Friday signed by Anthony Chiejina, Group Chief, Branding and Communications Officer.
While thanking them for the said allocation, Dangote management said the company was yet to receive the said cargoes.
The statement added: “Aside from the term supply, we bilaterally negotiated with NNPC. So far NUPRC has only facilitated the purchase of one crude cargo from a domestic producer.”
Adding: “The rest of the cargoes we have processed were purchased from international traders.
“All we are asking for, is for refineries in Nigeria to buy crude directly from the companies that produce it in Nigeria rather than from international middlemen,” the statement said.
ALSO READ: PDP Warri Urhobos Distance Themselves From Party Congress
“This is specified in the PIA,” Dangote Refinery noted.
The statement reads further: “Unfortunately, the NUPRC has effectively admitted in their statement that they will be unable to enforce the domestic crude supply obligation as specified in the PIA, citing “sanctity of contracts” as an excuse.”
-
Education20 hours agoPeretomode, Muoboghare Head Governing Councils As Oborevwori Announces Appointments For Three Delta Universities
-
News16 hours agoBen Murray-Bruce To Tinubu: Nigeria Needs More ‘Mad Men’ In Government
-
News19 hours agoOborevwori To Inaugurate Perm Secretaries’ Quarters Thursday
-
Feature24 hours agoAtiku Abubakar And The 2027 Question: Is He The President Nigeria Needs?
-
News22 hours ago2027: Ogboru Calls For ADC Reconciliation, Unity As Legacy Members Return To Fold
