Sports
Sanchez Blames Messi’s Father For Player’s Failure To Leave Barcelona

Former Mexico international, Hugo Sanchez, has blamed Lionel Messi’s father and agent, Jorge, for the player’s u-turn on his Barcelona future.
According to Sanchez, Jorge gave the 33-year-old “bad advice”.
Messi’s future has dominated headlines since last week, when he informed Barcelona of his desire to leave the club, attempting to trigger a clause in his contract.
Manchester City emerged as favourites to sign the six-time Ballon d’Or winner, only for him to reverse his decision on Friday, after LaLiga insisted on his €700million (£624million) release clause.
ALSO READ: COVID-19: FG Says N30.5bn Spent In Four Months
“That untimely burofax only strengthened the image of Barcelona’s president and gave him time to weaken Messi’s decision,” Sanchez told ESPN .
“Messi has had no choice but to stay at Barcelona due to bad advice from his father and the law firm. That has caused weakness to his image within the team.
“Before the end of the term agreed in the contract, they had to tell the club that they wanted to leave at the end of the season and on a free, without paying any compensation. If they had it planned, it should have been done that way.”
-
Education15 hours ago
DELSU To Establish Centre For Product Development And Research Commercialisation
-
News22 hours ago
Egware Lauds Isoko North Chairman, Ogorugba For Approving Emevor Road Rehabilitation
-
News14 hours ago
MNS Travel & Tours Launches In Abuja, Poised To Set New Standard In Global Tourism
-
News14 hours ago
NUJ Delta Council Celebrates Oghoro On His Retirement From State Civil Service
-
News3 hours ago
INEC Presents Wards, Polling Units Delineation Report To Delta Ethnic Groups