Connect with us

News

JUST IN: Government Hospital Mourns, As Cooking Gas Explosion Kills Lab Scientist In Abraka

Published

on

Late Mrs. Ame Onyelo

By Daniel Dafe

Activities were on Tuesday paralyzed at the Government Hospital in Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State, after the hospital’s Laboratory Scientist, Mrs. Ame Onyelo died as a result of wounds sustained during a cooking gas explosion that occurred in her kitchen at home in her Abraka residence.

According to sources, she sustained 95% degree burnt after her camping gas exploded on New Year day, adding that the incidence in what they termed mysterious, occurred as she sat down to monitor her stew she was heating up in order to preserve it till the next day.

Mrs. Onyelo in a life and death situation was immediately rushed to the Government Hospital, Abraka and then the Central Hospital, Warri and finally to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City, Edo State, where she died on Monday at about 1.30p.m.

ALSO READ: No Edo Community Sacked By Bandits – Police Commissioner, Ogbadu

Reacting to the sad development, the hospital’s Medical Director (MD), Dr. Donald Anyoru, who spoke to Oasis Magazine via a telephone conversation, said the news of her death came as a rude shock, saying they will greatly miss her.

He added: “The management visited the family of the deceased in Abraka today. She was a nice woman, very cooperative and a peacemaker. I have been here for about a year now and I can say that she is one of the few persons that you can discuss issues with.

“We are sad. ‘Today work naw get head ooo.’ We were supposed to share rice today, but we could not. Like the husband said, we have decided to leave this issue to God.”

According to him, they are making arrangements to officially inform the Hospital Management Board of the development.

Facebook

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement

Trending News