Education
Bandits Release Three More Kebbi Schoolgirls After 23 Months In Captivity
Bandits have released three of the remaining seven students of the Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri, Kebbi State abducted about two years ago.
Those released are Elizabeth Ogechi Nwafor, Esther Sunday and Aliya Abubakar.
The chairman of parents of the Abducted School Girls’ Forum, Malam Salim Kaoje, said that the newly released girls arrived Kebbi on Monday afternoon, May 8, 2023.
“Yes they released three of the school girls to us on Sunday evening. They are already with the State Government,” Kaoje said.
ALSO READ: EFCC Arraigns Man For Alleged $5M, N800M Cyber-security Software Investment Scam
He did not state if any ransom was paid.
Recall that 96 of the FGC students were abducted when bandits attacked the school on June 17, 2021.
While some of the abductees regained their freedom shortly after the attack, 11 of the students remained in the bandits’ captivity.
It will be recalled that four of the girls, Bilha Musa, Faiza Ahmed, Rahma Abdullahi and Hafsa Murtala were released by notorious bandit leader, Dogo Gide last month.
Kaoje said they had paid an undisclosed amount of money to secure the release of the four girls after they sold their properties and a fund raising that saw many Nigerians assist the parents financially.
-
Education13 hours agoPeretomode, Muoboghare Head Governing Councils As Oborevwori Announces Appointments For Three Delta Universities
-
Feature16 hours agoAtiku Abubakar And The 2027 Question: Is He The President Nigeria Needs?
-
News11 hours agoOborevwori To Inaugurate Perm Secretaries’ Quarters Thursday
-
News9 hours agoBen Murray-Bruce To Tinubu: Nigeria Needs More ‘Mad Men’ In Government
-
News15 hours ago2027: Ogboru Calls For ADC Reconciliation, Unity As Legacy Members Return To Fold
